migrants travel from border communities to hub cities on their way to their
sponsors across the U.S., they have shared a sincere need for food and personal
In an effort to support our neighbors and partner organizations, Immigration Ministries needs your help to provide shelf-stable, individually wrapped food and PPE kits. All kits will be distributed by Interfaith Welcome Coalition (IWC).
There are three ways to help out:
- Follow the instructions below to assemble kits and drop them off in the Outreach Center by Sunday, May 23rd.
- Purchase some of the supplies listed below for others to assemble kits, and drop them off in the Outreach Center by Sunday, May 23rd.
- Volunteer at our packing party to assemble the kits on Sunday, May 23rd in the parish hall after church (12pm).
Food and PPE Kit Instructions
Pack a 1-gallon zip lock bag with the following:
- 1 Napkin
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Peach Fruit Cup
- 1 Tropical Fruit Cup
- 1 Applesauce squeeze pouch
- 1 Bag of Roasted Peanuts
- 1 StarKist Tuna Fish Lunch To-Go
- 1 Granola bar (Oats & Honey)
- 1 Granola bar (Sweet & Salty Almond)
- 1 pack of Cheese and Crackers
- 1 pack of Peanut Butter Crackers
- 1 small can of Vienna Sausages or a pop-top can of stew or spaghetti
- 1 Pop Tart (any flavor, Strawberry preferred)
- 1 PPE Kit, see below
PPE Kit (Please include one kit per food bag)
Pack a 1-quart zip lock bag with the following:
- 3 disposable face masks
- 1 pack of travel-sized Kleenex
- 1 travel-sized hand sanitizer
Please Note: Pack food bags so they are tightly sealed to avoid attracting critters in storage spaces. Water bottles will also be provided separately, please do not include in the food kits.