What We Believe (adapted from The Catechism as found in the Book of Common Prayer). The entire Outline of Faith can be read by clicking here.
- We believe that there is one God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
- We believe that Jesus is the only perfect image of the Father, and shows us the nature of God.
- In His death, we believe that Jesus made the offering which we could not make; in Him we are freed from the power of sin and reconciled to God.
- We believe that in His resurrection, Jesus overcame death and opened for us the way of eternal life.
- We believe that Christ promised to bring us into the kingdom of God and give life in all its fullness through believing in Him and keeping His commandments to love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind, and to love your neighbor as yourself.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity, God at work in the world and in the Church even now.
- We believe The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments contain all things necessary to salvation.
- We believe that prayer is responding to God, by thought and by deeds, with or without words.
- We believe that grace is God's favor toward us, unearned and undeserved; by grace God forgives our sins, enlightens our minds, stirs our hearts, and strengthens our wills.
- We believe the sacraments are outward and visible signs of inward and spiritual grace, given by Christ as sure and certain means by which we receive that grace.
- We believe that Holy Baptism is the sacrament by which God adopts us as his children and makes us members of Christ's Body, the Church, and inheritors of the kingdom of God.
- We believe The Holy Eucharist is the sacrament commanded by Christ for the continual remembrance of his life, death, and resurrection, until his coming again.
- We are a congregation of the Diocese of West Texas. For more information, click here.
- We are a member of the Worldwide Anglican Communion. For more information, click here.